Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hooray!!!



Happy Easter, everybody!
We're heading out of town today so I wanted to pass on the love.

I can hardly wait for my own Easter Basket.
I've all ready told husband I want chocolate and LOTS of it.
Thinking about Easter Baskets got me thinking about crafts.
No one does crafts like Martha.
No one.
As I was looking for Easter Egg and Basket ideas I scooted right over there and found these gems.











Does she have to set the bar soo high?
I can remember dying eggs as a kid and being so enthralled when my name came up on a egg.
It was magical.

When I asked a friend recently what she was putting in her sons Easter Baskets she responded,"
"Oh the usual - candy, toys and shoes"
SHOES!!!
How fantastic is that.
She then told me that she got her first pair of 'designer' shoes in her Easter Basket.
With baited breath I waited to learn what they were -
Reebok High Tops.
Isn't that awesome?

One of my favorite Easter Traditions is the Easter Egg Hunt.
I remember one year my mom let us set up our own in the house.
Yeah, that's right - inside the house.
I don't know what she was thinking.
Golden Boy and More Stylish Sister were allowed to hide the eggs
and then Lish and I went searching.
The hiding places were awesome.
Under couch cushions (that one we discovered after we bounced on the couch and heard the crunch)
in the grandfather clock (that ones wasn't found for a couple weeks - ugh the smell).
It was a total blast.

I hope your weekend and holiday is filled with many moments like this:


Have a great weekend!
xo


PS - if you're looking for jelly beans you can not go wrong with the starburst jelly beans.
They are UNBELIEVABLE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment