Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It was going okay until.....

She burst into tears. I had to lay off someone yesterday. I knew it was coming, my boss had postponed it for 2.5 weeks. I am not sure at this point what was worse the anticipation of it or actually doing it. It was all going okay, until she burst into tears that is. So I handed her a box kleenex, gave her a hug, and left her in my office to compose herself before she went back into the office. It sucks, I have been in her position, I've been laid off. All you can do it pick yourself up, dust yourself off and put your resume together. I was a little worried about the backlash, because her best friend also works here, as well as a really good family friend (that's how she got the job). But everyone seems to understand, there just was not enough work to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment