Friday, August 6, 2010

Update on the run don't walk deal

You might remember me back in November talking about the warranty you could buy on your shoes at Sports Authority. What a great deal it was $10, and you could get a new pair of shoes for any reason within 12 months. Well It WAS a great deal when you could turn your old shoes in at the store when you went to purchase your new shoes. It is NO LONGER such a good deal. Apparently the stores were being overwhelmed by shoes. Now you have to go online or phone in the return. They then e-mail you in 48 hours a return shipping label, and one they receive shoes back you will receive a Sports Autority gift card for the original amount of your shoes.

Here is my problemo with this. If my calculation is correct you are looking at anywhere between 2-4 weeks from when you need new shoes, to when you receive your gift card to purchase a new pair of shoes. If you are someone who shops at sports authority alot, or has a lot of sporting good needs this is still a great deal, for someone like myself who only buys her running shoes at Sports Authority this is not such a great deal for me anymore. I think I will keep my $10 and just buy shoes as I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment