Thursday, August 19, 2010

Silver lining?


Last night we got some bad news.
Something we had been hoping would work out.
Just didn't.

 We went upstairs to the roof to cry into our margaritas.
And walked into the most beautiful sunset.
Breathtaking oranges, reds and yellows right at our fingertips.
It was fantastic.
(The picture above doesn't even do it justice).

It was a moment I felt lucky to have.
Made me forget all the bad news from just a few moments before.
Right now that's all the hope that I have.

Even with plans and hopes and dreams -
sometimes things just don't work out.
There is no blame for it.
Just a fact of life.

But I think the greater lesson that I learned last night
was to just keep your head up and your eyes open.
Who knows what you will find?
Or what will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment