Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Found It Right There . . .

I'm a big reader.
It's trully one of my favorite things in the world.
Not that I'd ever put that on a resume

I just finished a fantastic book.  
Just a few minutes ago.
And in it I found a moment of total truth.

My truth.

I could so relate to her description of her family.
I cracked open Lish's laptop and wanted to share it with all of you.

"...I'm not referring to the individual people, who are certainly lovable and much beloved.  Beloved by me, in fact, much.  As I live, I love them.  Believe that.  It's the package, really, that I'm talking about.  The allegorical Happy Family-robustly happy, as polished and fully realized as a pearl.  Our family is happy as Martin was debonair: unassailably, impenetrably, consummately.  We are a pretty picture hung on the gleaming nail of my mother, who is the most consummate one of all . . ."
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

Wrapping my arms and time around them is when I am at my best.
I just thought they should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment