Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do you know your pattern?

Your weight pattern? I know mine. I lose weight in the winter, keep it off in the summer, and BAM once laborday hits it's all down hill. See it goes Laborday, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, X-mas, followed by New Years. All holidays that call for copious consumption. In case you're wondering yes, laborday because it is essentially a good bye to summer party weekend that includes bbq's, streetfests, and your last time at your favorite al fresco restaurants.

I had a friend ask me how I could lose weight in the winter that's when she gains. It's very simple really, for me, I work out a lot and eat well in the winter because I am staying in more, since bbbrrrrrr it's cold outside. I cook and therefore eat less, and well better, instead of digging my car out of a snow mound, or braving the below zero temps. I go to the gym more often to avoid spending hours sitting or laying on my couch since, I'm staying in. The summer I usually maintain the weight loss by long runs outside to enjoy the weather. Eat lots of salads, and fresh veggies, and fruits. Then BAM the fall hits and it's an adjustment to get back in the routine of packing a bag and going to the gym. The eating we've already talking about. And that's it here comes the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment