Monday, December 20, 2010

From Baby to Mama . . .

So More-Stylish-Sister has a nursery in her house that she is in the
 process of converting over to a room for herself.
She doesn't need any help decorating her beautiful home -
But what kind of sister would I be if I didn't barge my nose in to her bizness.
 
All of us sisters are huge Mary McDonald fans.
Lish posted this previously and I'm going to use it as a jumping off point.
I'm imagining the room as a sanctuary and a mix between dressing room/office.
She can fill it with all her favorite things

The room is small and currently in a neutral cream color.
I would add pops of color and texture.

I'd copy that wall of photos with
Mark Shaw vintage fashion prints to do up the one wall in the room.
Here are some of my favorites:
The first couple are shot in 1954 backstage at a Pierre Balmain fashion show.




These I love for the pops of color.



And these I just love.

I'd put a big wing chair on casters too.
This would be the only chair in the room.
Strange I know but this room is just hers to relax and unwind.
No need for visitors.

The chair could then be pulled up to the desk on the wall beneath the window
but also kept in a cozy corner to sit and read.


I heart this table.
But I'd take some of the stuff off of it.
I'd put it in the corner next to the chair.


Windsor Smith used one of the prints in her entrance.

I'd mimic this idea with a table below all our Mark Shaw photos.
On it I would have small mirrored trays with jewelry
and maybe some of her fabulous bags.

I'd put one huge chandelier in the room as well.
I adore this.
More substantial than girly.


For her birthday this year her girlfriends threw her a brunch.
The table was set with shoes and flowers.
I'd do that on the bookshelves with her photos.



From here I would tell her to sit back and relax.
Maybe give a call to Tizzy or Lish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment