Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back home, back happy . . .

Sorry, lovelies.
I know I've been away.
I've been healing.
Can we just leave it at that?
Bad news has led to no inspiration to post.

But!
I was just back in Chicago for a week
and it has totally recharged my battery.
Family, Friends and an abundance of hotdogs seems to have solved my problems.
Hopefully, I won't be so neglectful again.



This was my favorite part of the trip.
Every year the paternal side of my extended family gets together for Christmas.
That family has grown and grown and grown.
Now traditions we took part in as kids are being passed on to the next set of lucky dumplings.

I was standing next to my cute and crazy young cousin when Santa arrived.
(BTW - that's Husband - isn't he adorable)
She was the one who said,
"This never gets old for me."
I couldn't agree more.

I can remember exactly what it was like when Santa arrived at our doorstep.
Jumping up and down with all my cousins -
even when they all ready knew it was the neighbor from next door.
The smiles and joy on each parent, aunt, uncle and grandparents face.
It's as much a part of me as the hair on my head.

I'm so thankful when I look back at all the fantastic traditions my family had/have.
As an adult, I feel lucky and blessed to have been constantly surrounded by love and laughter.
It's all anyone can hope for, right?

As today is December 1st
I hope all of you embrace this Christmas season.
It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
And when it was my turn to sit on Santa's lap -
All I asked for was more of the same.
More love, more family, more friends.
(and yes - more hotdogs)


2 comments: