Monday, January 3, 2011

How are you going to own 2011

For those of you who have been hiding under a rock, Oprah Winfrey started her own network. Aptly entitled OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). I have to say I love the name, I love the play on initials, I love that is means Oprah Winfrey, and that it's her own. Very catchy good job.

As part of her viral marketing campaign she gave certain bloggers (not moi, obvi it's only our friends and family who read this, and we're not sponsored) advance looks at the shows, and then asked them to post on their site how they were planning to OWN 2011, and which show they were most excited for. Love this idea, love the play on own again, but mostly I like the idea of owning a year, instead of having resolutions, or objectives. Those seem so flip floppy like yeah I didn't do it, but it was just a resolution. So it got me thinking, I want to own 2011. What am I "owning" up to this year. What do I want to take possession of either emotionally, financially, creatively, aspirational? There are a lot of things actually, but they are private, and I am superstitious, so I can't tell you. It would be like telling you what I wished for when I blew out my birthday candles. One thing I will tell you is I plan to be less judgemental.

No comments:

Post a Comment