Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blast from the past . . .

So today I did what I have been putting off for a couple weeks.
Flipped my closets and put away all my summer stuff.
While it's fun to get out my fall clothes -
feels just like I went shopping.

It's even better to dig out the hidden gems I have in storage.
Do you do this too?
There are certain clothes that I just can't get rid of.

Here's a little trip down memory lane.


High school gym shorts.
Can not get rid of these.
Don't know why.
Don't know how they stayed up. 
They're a large with a 42" waist.
I'm no skinny minny - but that's a big waist.




Overalls from college.
Ugh, what were we thinking?
Would you believe that I had multiple pairs of overalls?
These are the pair I chose to keep.

Even crazier to think that this is how I used to dress when Husband and I first started dating.
I don't know why I can't get rid of these.
Looks like I should be heading out to a Salt N' Peppa videoshoot.

And finally, the piece de resistance
(In my mind at least)



The Bootcut Leather Pants from my single days.
You probably recognize them if you spent anytime in the bars of Lincoln Park from say 1999 - 2002.
I swear they have an 18 inch zipper on the fly and sit oh so fashionably just below the belly button.
They are leather mom jeans for goodness sakes.

But to get a better idea of just how high these bad boys are -
I found a shirt that I adored from right around this same period.
Good thing I held onto it - it's from Rampage.




I was a looker - what can I say.
This is what I used to wear out right around the same time that Husband chose to marry me.
Ugh, what was he thinking?!?

 


1 comment:

  1. Um, I think this just might be my FAVORITE post ever....on any blog....in the world!!

    I miss you Tizzy!!! When can we have a playdate?? :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete