Sunday, July 31, 2011

A family is a family . . .



I've been thinking a lot about families lately.
I felt such hope with the passing of gay marriage.
I think people are entitled to their opinions -
but to me it just always seemed like discrimination.

I think a family is based on love and respect and committment.
And challenges present themselves in every relationship.
This picture just so resonates with me.
Can't you just feel the love?
It's palpable.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (R) walks away after presiding over the wedding of Jonathan Mintz (L), the city's consumer affairs commissioner, and John Feinblatt (C), a chief adviser to the mayor, as the newlyweds embrace their daughters Maeve (2nd L) and Georgia at Gracie Mansion in New York July 24, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment