Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It Strikes Again!!!

The bad date fairy. I went on a bad date last week. Here was my basic synopsis to anyone who asked. Bad date, not good, not fun, middle-aged balding, possibly gay? Moved from a small town in Michigan to Chicago less than a month ago. I don't stay on bad dates anymore, I leave after the second drink which is normally somewhere between an hour and half. Sometimes you just know. I told him it was really nice meeting you, but I just don't see this working out. Good luck to you in the future. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they ask why not. I usually fall back on the, there just isn't that connection/spark for me. So two days after my date I got this e-mail:

I'm thinking I owe you an explaination. During the past couple years I've found myself being attracted to men a few times. Part of coming to Chicago is to try and sort that out. I'm still attracted to women and don't feel like I would be bi, so I need to figure it out. I don't remember thinking about our date once last weekend. I thought as it got closer, I would be looking forward to it more, but that never happened. I'm sorry for how little time I spent in getting ready. When I saw how much time you spent in getting ready, I felt like shit. All I can do is say sorry for this happening and wish you the best. Btw, the thai place is called 'My Thai', it's good but not great. Also, I'm totally not country, and am actually a little offended by that!

You got me again match.com. You sent me on a date with a gay man.

No comments:

Post a Comment